Complete refactoring of ‘csconnect’
A few months back I wrote csconnect to make it easier for myself to logon to our Cloud Sigma-nodes. It’s a pretty simple application. All it does is to poll Cloud Sigma’s API and lookup the IPs for the node(s) specified.
Yet, since this was one of the first Python-programs I ever wrote (beyond Hello World), the state of the code was pretty terrible. Last night I took on myself to rewrite the program from the ground up.
It works more or less the same. The only differences are that:
- I feel a lot better knowing the code is prettier
- It now uses a config-file to host the Cloud Sigma-credentials (instead of being stored in the actual script)
You can grab csconnect from its Github-repo.